Ways To Help you Sleep Without Snoring
Snoring is usually provoked by the relaxation of the muscles in your soft palate, throat, and tongue. The tissues in your throat will get so relaxed that they will automatically block your airway and vibrate as air rushes past. The narrower is your airway, the more intense vibration, and the louder the snore. Several elements might contribute to who snores and why. From your mouth anatomy to alcohol consumption. Here in Stopsnoringguard.com, you will find the best anti snoring device adequate for your condition.
These are a few remedies that might help you to avoid snoring and improve your sleeping
- Lose weight: Being overweight might be causing your snoring. When you are overweight, you have extra tissues in the throat contributing to the noise.
- Humidity: If you sleep in a room with dry air, it is possible that might be contributing to snoring. Dry air dries out the throat and nasal membranes leading to congestion. There are two ways of solving this problem, buying a humidifier or moving to an exotic tropical location.
- Raise the head of your bed: Try to raise the head of your bed about 4 inches. That might help to keep your tongue from falling back and blocking your throat, helping open up your airways a little bit.
- Housecleaning: Allergens like pollen, animal dander, dust and other unseen irritants might cause congestion irritating your airways. Also, make sure to change your air filters on a regular basis.
- Try to figure out why you snore: Examine your lifestyle and diet. If your mouth stays shut, but you’re still snoring, it might indicate a problem with your tongue and nasal passages(closed mouth snoring). The tissues in your throat will be more likely to cause you to snore with your mouth open (snoring with your mouth wide open). Sometimes, we sleep on our back which can exacerbate snoring (snoring on your back).
- Adjust your pillow: Elevating your head can help to open up airways and make easier. But if your head is too high, the airways can get constricted causing you to snore. Finding a pillow that keeps your neck and head in a proper position, is worth taking the time to help you breathe right.
- Exercise your throat and tongue: Make the muscles in your throat and tongue stronger, that might help to reduce snoring because it decreases the chance of the muscles slipping backward when you rest. Try to protrude the lower jaw over the upper jaw with your teeth showing while you slowly count to ten. Repeat this exercise 5-10 times a day. Also, you can put your tongue out perfectly straight as far as you can. Then, move it to the left and right touching the corner of your lips, but make sure it stays straight.
- Avoid alcohol: Do not drink alcohol beverages at least two hours before bedtime. Alcohol can relax the tissues in your throat, making it expand and block off the airways that result in snoring.
Snoring might be a tricky condition because there is not a cure. If you want to stop snoring naturally or lessen the snoring, lifestyle changes are the key to achieve this goal. Also, snoring devices will help you to improve your sleep apnea or snoring condition. In addition, this video shows you the common causes and process of snoring.